Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Spring/Summer Update-Briggs & Hogan Family




















Well things certainly have been busy here in NY. For those of you not in the loop, I (Michele) finally broke down and rented a studio apartment in NYC. Cousin Ed helped me with the lead. It has turned out to be a great decision. As you probably do know Mom and Dad's condo complex had a fire...they were not burned out, thank goodness, but have been displaced due to some structural damage that is still being worked on. Thankfully they are now staying at my place in Westchester...timing is everything. I hope you enjoy the photos of my new "very small" place in NY...it is available for visitors that want the real NY experience. The Guglielmo's have already taken advantage for their Spring Break! That is me in Mom and Dad's friend down in FLA...an original Austin Healy from 1960 something...

Other news...I am getting ready for my trip to China for the Olympics...those pictures will have to follow in September upon my return. Can't wait to share those...keep your eyes out for me, I will be definitely at the track and field events.

The Hogan's are doing well, Scott just finished his first biathalon...(1 1/2 mile open water swim and 56 mile bike ride) this past weekend in Lake Seneca-Finger Lake Region of Upstate NY. He may not have been the "Mussleman" that was the name of the race, but he was our hero. Allison and Meghan are enjoying their summer, they already did a week at gymnastics camp, Allison will be going to tennis camp soon and they are enjoying their summer at Mimi's pool club (Scott's Mom's club). They are really great swimmers and Allison is even a diver. Will have to capture some of that for you. This week they are enjoying the great outdoors up in the Finger Lakes, fishing and boating. Everyone is doing well. I hope you enjoy the photos. Oh, by the way...you will see Uncle Jimmy passed the Golf award over to Uncle Earl aka...the DUKE, back on July 4th, when he, Cousin Ed and Big Jim competed once again at the Beekman Golf Course. It was really hard for Big Jim to give up that cup...Hope this brings you all up to date.








2 comments:

Evelyn & Jim said...

Great happenings at Lake Seneca with the Hogans there. Michele,
your "pad" is fantastic. We know first hand and loved it.
Love Aunt Evelyn & Uncle Jimmy

Red said...

Good post Michele!

Loved seeing your mom and dad this weekend and your place, timing is really everything...

Earl and Gail looked great and hosted me Laura and Matthew at another great meal from "Earl's Kitchen"!

Keep the posts coming!